United States Of America's Information
|Land Area||9,147,593 km2|
|Water Area||685,924 km2|
|Total Area||9,833,517km2 (#3)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Federal Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$18,600.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$57,300|
|More Information||United States Of America US Map|
View all cities in United States Of America
In The News
About United States Of America
- Land: 3,537,436 sq. miles (9,161,923 sq km)
- Water: 181,274 sq. miles (469,497 sq km)
- Total: 3,718,710 sq. miles (9,631,420 sq km)
- Land Area: (individual states)
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Horizontal Width: 2,680 miles
- Vertical Length: 1,582 miles
- Geographic Center: In the continental 48 states, it is a point 2 miles to the northwest of Lebanon, Kansas; with Alaska and Hawaii included, that point is near Belle Fourche, South Dakota.
- Highest Point:
Mt. McKinley, (Alaska) 20,320 ft. (6,194 m).
- Highest Point: (continental 48 states)
Mount Whitney, (California) is the highest point at 14,495ft (4,418 m)
- Lowest Point:
Death Valley, (California)(-282 ft.) (-86 m)
- Mean Elevation: (average) 2,512 feet
- Alaska, USA - Canada 1,538 miles (2,475 km)
- Canada - USA 3,145 miles (5,061 km)
- Mexico - USA 1,951 miles (3,141 km)
- Bordering Countries (2) Canada and Mexico
The U.S. is divided into 50 states and 1 district.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- District: District of Columbia (Washington, DC)
Land: (most northern-southern-eastern-western)
- Most northern state: Alaska
- Most southern state: Hawaii
- Most eastern state: Alaska (it's true)
- Most western state: Alaska
If you exclude Alaska and Hawaii...
- Most Northern Pt: Angle, Minnesota, at 49º 23'N
- Most Southern Pt: East Cape, Florida, at 25º 7'N
- Most Eastern Pt: West Quoddy Head, ME,
at 66º 57'W
- Most Western Pt: Cape Alava, WA, at 124º 44
- Coastlines: 12,383 miles (19,928 km)
- Atlantic coastline: 2,069 miles (3,330 km)
- Pacific coastline: + Hawaii: 7,623 miles (12,268 km)
- Gulf of Mexico coastline: 1,631 miles (2,625 km)
- Alaska coastline: 1,060 miles (1,706 km)
- Counties in the U.S.: 3,066
- Counties map
- Largest County: (by population) Los Angeles,
United States Of America states, districts & their capitals
United States Of America Trivia
What is the Most Populated State?
California is the most populated state in the US with a total population of 39,536,653. The state also happens to be one of the fastest growing in the country. California is the third largest state by land area.
The 50 US States Ranked By Population
What are the Most Dangerous Cities in the United States?
According to the FBI crime report, St. Louis, Missouri has the highest violent crime rate in the United States, with 1,817 violent crimes for every 100,000 people. Other cities with high violent crime rates include Detroit, Michigan, with 1,759 violent crimes per 100,000 people, and Memphis, Tennessee, with 1,740 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Most Dangerous Cities in the US
What are the Largest Ethnic Groups in the United States?
Some of the most common ethnicities in the United States include German, African American, Mexican, Irish, and English.
Largest Ethnic Groups And Nationalities In The United States
Which Team Has Won the Most Super Bowls?
With 6 wins, the PIttsburgh Steelers have won more Super Bowl games than any other team. Other teams with five wins include the New England Patriots, the Dallas Cowboys, and the San Francisco 49ers.
NFL Teams With the Most Super Bowl Wins
What is the Biggest Mall in the United States?
The Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota is the largest mall in the United States, followed by the King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
Largest Malls In The United States
Which States Border Canada?
There are 13 states that border Canada: Alaska, Michigan, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Washington, North Dakota, Ohio, Vermont, New Hampshire, Idaho, and Pennsylvania.