- Land Area:
(land) 45,078 sq miles
(water) 9,232 sq miles
(TOTAL) 54,310 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 260 miles
- Vertical Length: 310 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are
point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map
projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Michigan
- Counties: (72) Map
- County (largest by population) Milwaukee, 921,654
- Geographic Center: Wood Co., 9 mi. SE of Marshfield
- Highest Point: Timms Hill, 1951 ft.
- Lowest Point: Lake Michigan, 579 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (average) 1,050 ft.
- Relative Location