Florida Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 53,927 sq miles
(water) 11,761 sq miles
(TOTAL) 65,688 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 361 miles from the Alabama border, straight east to Jacksonville Beach
- Vertical Length: 398 miles from the far-northeast Georgia border to the southern edge of the Everglades
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (2) Alabama, Georgia
- Counties: (67) Map
- County: (largest by population) Miami-Dade 2,253,362
- Geographic Center: about 13 miles NNW of Brooksville
- Highest Point: Britton Hill, 345 feet
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 103 ft.
- Relative Location
Florida from space - photo by NASA
Florida Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.