Florida Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 53,927 sq miles
(water) 11,761 sq miles
(TOTAL) 65,688 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 361 miles from the Alabama border, straight east to Jacksonville Beach
- Vertical Length: 398 miles from the far-northeast Georgia border to the southern edge of the Everglades
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (2) Alabama, Georgia
- Counties: (67) Map
- County: (largest by population) Miami-Dade 2,253,362
- Geographic Center: about 13 miles NNW of Brooksville
- Highest Point: Britton Hill, 345 feet
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 103 ft.
- Relative Location
Florida from space - photo by NASA
Florida Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?