- Land Area:
(land) 39,728 sq miles
(water) 679 sq miles
(TOTAL) 40,407 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 369 miles from the Kentucky Bend marker, east to Black Mountain
- Vertical Length: 171 miles from Covington, directly south to the Tennessee border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary
some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (7) Virginia, Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and West Virginia
- Counties: (120) Map
- County: (largest by population)Jefferson 709,264
- Geographic Center: is located about 3 miles N.W. of Lebanon in Marion County
- Highest Point: Black Mountain, at 4,139 ft.
- Lowest Point: Mississippi River, 257 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 757 ft.
- Relative Location