- Name: United States, or USA, or U.S.
- Name: (long form) United States of America
- Name Origin: America is named after the Italian explorer, Amerigo Vespucci
- Capital City: Washington D.C. (pop. 632,323)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
All U.S. currency: (banknotes)
- GDP: $15.685 trillion (2012)
- GDP: (per capita) $49,922 (2012)
- Landforms/Land Sizes
- Languages: English 82%, Spanish 11%, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia
- National Day: July 4
- Population: 316,690,000 (2013 estimate)
- Population Clock: (It's Ticking)
- Population & Density: (for all states)
- U.S. State Populations: (from smallest to largest)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Religions: Protestant 52%, Catholic 24%, others
United States Of America Photographs
U.S. Capital Building, Washington, D.C.
Trending on WorldAtlas
United States Of America states, districts & their capitals
This page was last modified on November 17, 2015.