New Mexico Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 121,356 sq miles
(water) 234 sq miles
(TOTAL) 121,590 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 349 miles
- Vertical Length: 392 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas
- Counties: (33) Map
- County: (largest by population) Bernalillo, 556,678
- Geographic Center: approximately 12 miles to the southwest of Willard, in Torrence County
- Highest Point: Wheeler Peak, 13,161 ft.
- Lowest Point: Red Bluff Reservoir along the Pecos River on the southern border with Texas (2,842 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (average) 5,709 ft.
- Relative Location
New Mexico Photographs
Organ Mountains, New Mexico
New Mexico Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Fort Sumner||De Baca||575|
|Las Cruces||Dona Ana||575|
|Los Alamos||Los Alamos||505|
|Las Vegas||San Miguel||505|
|Santa Fe||Santa Fe||505|
|Truth or Consequences||Sierra||575|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.