|Land Area||16,377,742 km2|
|Water Area||720,500 km2|
|Total Area||17,098,242km2 (#1)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Federation|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,750.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$26,100|
View all cities in Russia
- Name: Russia
(long form) Russian Federation
- Capital City: Moscow (11,689,048 pop.)
- Russia Population: 142,500,482 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUR)
- Ethnicity: Russian 79.8%, Tatar 3.8%, Ukrainian 2%, Bashkir 1.2%, Chuvash 1.1%, other or unspecified 12.1%
- GDP total: $2.053 trillion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $17,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Russian (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Nizhniy Novgorod, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Omsk, Kazan, Ufa, Chelyabinsk, Rostov, Perm, Volgograd
- Name: A derivative of the medieval state of Rus
- National Day: June 12
- Religion: Russian Orthodox 15-20%, Muslim 10-15%, other Christian 2% (2006 est.) note: estimates are of practicing worshipers; Russia has large populations of non-practicing believers and non-believers, a legacy of over seven decades of Soviet rule
Russia republics, administrative territories, administrative regions, autonomous districts, 0, autonomous cities & their capitals
What are the Largest Ethnic Groups in Russia?
The majority ethnic group in Russia is ethnic Russia, with Tatars and Ukrainians being the largest minorities.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Russia
Where is the Volga River?
The Volga River flows for 2,266 miles across large spans of the Russian Federation.
The Volga River
Countries of Asia
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.