|Land Area||9,326,410 km2|
|Water Area||270,550 km2|
|Total Area||9,596,960km2 (#4)|
|Government Type||Communist State|
|GDP (PPP)||$21,100.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,600|
|Currency||Yuan Renminbi (CNY)|
View all cities in China
In The News
- Name: China
(long form) People's Republic of China
- Capital City: Beijing (19,612,368 pop.)
- China Population: 1,349,585,838 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Yuan (CNY)
- Ethnicity: Han Chinese 91.5%, Zhuang, Manchu, Hui, Miao, Uighur, Tujia, Yi, Mongol, Tibetan, Buyi, Dong, Yao, Korean, and other nationalities 8.5%
- GDP total: $12.38 trillion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $9,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Standard Chinese or Mandarin (Putonghua, based on the Beijing dialect) (official), Yue (Cantonese), Wu (Shanghainese), Minbei (Fuzhou), Minnan (Hokkien-Taiwanese), Xiang, Gan, Hakka dialects, minority languages (see Ethnic groups entry) note: Mongolian is official in Nei Mongol, Uighur is official in Xinjiang Uygur, and Tibetan is official in Xizang (Tibet)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Shanghai, Zhumadian, Beijing, Nanchong, Tai'an, Yueyang, Kaifeng, Wuhan, Chongqing, Chengdu
- Name: Derived from the Persian Cin, whose meaning and origin is unknown
- National Day: October 1
- Religion: Daoist (Taoist), Buddhist, Christian 3%-4%, Muslim 1%-2%
China provinces, municipalities, autonomous regions & their capitals
What is the Largest City in China?
Guangzhou is the largest city in China by metro population, with more than 44 million people.
The Largest Cities In China
What Kind of Plants are Native to China?
The native flora of China is diverse with more than 30,000 plant species, and some of these species grow only in China. They include the dove tree, the dawn redwood, the Yunnan cypress, and the China fir.
Plants Native to China
What is the Major Religion in China?
China has some of the highest rates of atheism and agnosticism seen in the world today. Other popular religions include Taoism, Buddhism, Christianity, Folk Salvationism, and Islam.
Religious Demographics Of China
What is the Leading Cause of Death in China?
Malignant neoplasms (cancer) are responsible for 28% of all deaths in China, making them the leading causes of deaths in the country.
Leading Causes Of Death In China
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in China?
More than 9 in every 10 residents of the People's Republic of China are ethnic Han Chinese. The ethnic group has a 91.59% of the overall Chinese population descent. The other 55 ethnic groups make up the minority consisting 8.41% of the total population.
The Largest Ethnic Groups In China
What Animals Are Threatened in China?
The big cats like South China Tiger and Amur Leopard are critically endangered due to loss of habitats and poaching. Many of the big cats like tiger or small cats like lynx are hunted for their fur. Moreover, the South China Tiger, leopards and Asian golden cats are hunted for their bones which are used in traditional medicines