|Land Area||9,093,507 km2|
|Water Area||891,163 km2|
|Total Area||9,984,670km2 (#2)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament Of Canada) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,670.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$46,200|
View all cities in Canada
- Name: Canada
- Name: (long form) None
- Name Origin: The name Canada is from the Saint-Lawrence Iroquoian word kanata, which means village, settlement or land.
- Capital City: Ottawa (metro pop. 1,236,240)
- Canada's Largest Metro Areas (Cities)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD) (conversion rates)
All Canadian currency: (banknotes)
- Dominion dates: (all provinces and teritories)
- GDP: $1.819 trillion (2012)
- GDP: (per capita) $42,734 (2010)
- Landforms/Land Sizes
- Languages: English (official) 59.3%;
French (official) 23.2%; other 17.5%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa-Gatineau, Calgary, Edmonton
- National Day: July 1
- Population: 34,207,000 (2012 )
- Population & Density: (all countries)
- Religions: Roman Catholic 42.6%, Protestant 23.3%
(including United Church 9.5%, Anglican 6.8%, Baptist 2.4%, Lutheran
2%), other Christian 4.4%, Muslim 1.9%, other and unspecified 11.8%,
Canada provinces, territories & their capitals
|British Columbia||Victoria||British Columbia|
|New Brunswick||Fredericton||New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||St. John's||Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Yellowknife||Northwest Territories|
|Nova Scotia||Halifax||Nova Scotia|
|Prince Edward Island||Charlottetown||Prince Edward Island|
What is the Biggest City in Canada?
The most populated city in Canada is Toronto, with a total population of 5.4 million. Around 1/6 of the entire population of Canada lives in Toronto.
The Largest Cities in Canada
What are the Major Ethnic Groups of Canada?
Most people living in Canada self-identify as "Canadian". However, the most common responses to ethnicity are English, French, Irish, and Scottish.
Major Ethnic Groups of Canada
What is the Richest Province in Canada?
With a GDP of CAD 763.276 billion in 2015, Ontario has the largest economy of all 13 provinces and territories. Ontario’s leading GDP is attributed to its growing manufacturing and service industries. About 52% of Canadian manufacturing shipments come from Ontario.
The Richest Provinces and Territories of Canada
What are the Most Popular Sports in Canada?
Hockey is the most popular sport in Canada. Also called ice hockey, hockey was developed in Canada in the 19th century.
The Most Popular Sports in Canada
What are the Best Cities to Live in in BC?
Some of the best cities to live in in BC are said to be Fort St. John, Whistler, Squamish, Delta, and North Vancouver.
Best Cities To Live: British Columbia, Canada
Which States Border Canada?
There are 13 states that border Canada: Alaska, Michigan, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Washington, North Dakota, Ohio, Vermont, New Hampshire, Idaho, and Pennsylvania.