|Land Area||1,220,190 km2|
|Water Area||20,002 km2|
|Total Area||1,240,192km2 (#23)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$38.09 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,300|
View all cities in Mali
- Coastline: 0 km landlocked (0 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 471,115 sq miles (1,220,190 sq km)
(water) 7,723 sq miles (20,002 sq km)
(TOTAL) 478,838 sq miles (1,240,192 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 8 regions and 1 district* in Mali. They are District de Bamako*, Gao, Kayes, Kidal, Koulikoro, Mopti, Segou, Sikasso, Tombouctou (Timbuktu).
- Horizontal Width: 486.32 miles (782.66 km) from Kayes east to Mopti
- Vertical Length: 552.91 miles (889.82 km) from Taoudenni south to Mopti
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (7) Algeria, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Cote d'Ivoire, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal
- Geographic Center: About 93.61 miles (150.65 km) southeast of Timnuktu
- Highest Point: Hombori Tondo 3,789 ft (1,155 m)
- Lowest Point: Senegal River 75 ft (23 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What are the largest ethnic groups in Mali?
The Bambara are the largest ethnic group in the country making up about 36.5% of the total population in the country. Fulani makes up about 15% of the population and Sarakole 11%. Other ethnic groups include Senufo, Dogon, and Malinke.