New Jersey Facts
- Capital City: Trenton (pop. 82,804) (2011 est.)
- New Jersey Population: 8,864,590 (2012 est.) (11th)
- New Jersey Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- New Jersey Quarter The New Jersey quarter is the third quarter issued in the United States Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program series.
New Jersey was admitted into the Union on December 18, 1787 becoming our Nation's 3rd state
The quarter depicts the crossing of the Delaware River by General George Washington and members of the Colonial Army as they were enroute to important victories during the Revolutionary War
The actual design is based on an 1851 painting, "Washington Crossing the Delaware" by Emmanuel Leutze currently hanging in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
New Jersey Photographs
Trenton State House, New Jersey
New Jersey Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Egg Harbor Township||Atlantic||609|
|Cape May||Cape May||609|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.