- Capital City: Augusta 18,367 (2008 est.)
- Maine Population: 1,329,192 (2012 est.) (41st)
- Maine Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Maine Quarter: The Maine quarter is the third quarter of 2003 and the 23rd quarter released in the United States Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program. Maine was admitted into the Union on March 15, 1820 becoming our Nation's 23rd State. Nicknamed the "Pine Tree State," Maine's quarter features Pemaquid Point Light (lighthouse) on the granite coast and a schooner at sea. The schooner resembles "Victory Chimes", the last three-masted schooner of the Windjammer Fleet.
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, South Portland, Auburn, Biddeford
- Name: The name, Maine, is thought to have originated for practical nautical purposes - "the main", the "main land" in order to distinguish it from offshore islands. There is also speculation that Maine was named in honor of Queen Henrietta Maria, the owner of the province of Maine in France.
- Statehood: March 15, 1820 (23rd state)