South Africa's Information
|Land Area||1,214,470 km2|
|Water Area||4,620 km2|
|Total Area||1,219,090km2 (#24)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$739.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$13,500|
View all cities in South Africa
- Coastline: 1,738 miles (2,798 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 468,907 sq miles (1,214,470 sq km)
(water) 1,784 sq miles (4,620 sq km)
(TOTAL) 470,691 sq miles (1,219,090 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 9 provinces in South Africa. They are Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North-West, Northern Cape and Western Cape.
- Horizontal Width: 854.4 miles (1,375.02 km) from Port Nolloth east to Durban
- Vertical Length: 626.62 miles (1,008.45 km) from Musina south to Umtata
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (6) Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe
- Geographic Center: About 43.24 miles (69.58 km) west of Bloemfontein
- Highest Point: Njesuthi 11,181 ft. (3,408 m)
- Lowest Point: Indian Ocean 0m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
South Africa Trivia
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in South Africa?
An estimated 80.48% of the population self-identifies as black South African making this the most populous ethnic group in the country.
Ethnic Groups of South Africa
What Kind of Fish Live in South Africa?
Some of the fish species that are native to South Africa include the plain squeaker, the sixgill hagfish, and the hyphen barb.