Wyoming Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 97,100 sq miles
(water) 714 sq miles
(TOTAL) 97,814 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 364 miles
- Vertical Length: 277 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (6) Utah, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska and Colorado
- Counties: (23) Map
- County: (largest by population) Laramie, 81,607
- Geographic Center: 58 miles to the east-northeast of Lander, in Fremont County
- Highest Point: Gannett Peak, 13,804 ft.
- Lowest Point: along the Belle Fourche River near the South Dakota border (3,099 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 6,711 ft.
- Relative Location
Wyoming Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.