Virginia Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 35,594 sq miles
(water) 3,171 sq miles
(TOTAL) 38,765 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 427 miles (east to west) along the southern Virginia border
- Vertical Length: 202 miles from Virginia's most northern point (to the northwest of Winchester) directly south to the North Carolina border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia and Maryland
- Counties: (95) Map
- County: (largest by population) Fairfax 973,4495
- Geographic Center: is located about 5 miles N.W. of Curdsville in Buckingham County
- Highest Point: Mount Rogers, at 5,729 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 963 ft.
- Relative Location
Virginia Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.