Virginia Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 35,594 sq miles
(water) 3,171 sq miles
(TOTAL) 38,765 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 427 miles (east to west) along the southern Virginia border
- Vertical Length: 202 miles from Virginia's most northern point (to the northwest of Winchester) directly south to the North Carolina border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia and Maryland
- Counties: (95) Map
- County: (largest by population) Fairfax 973,4495
- Geographic Center: is located about 5 miles N.W. of Curdsville in Buckingham County
- Highest Point: Mount Rogers, at 5,729 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 963 ft.
- Relative Location
Virginia Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.