Virginia Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 35,594 sq miles
(water) 3,171 sq miles
(TOTAL) 38,765 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 427 miles (east to west) along the southern Virginia border
- Vertical Length: 202 miles from Virginia's most northern point (to the northwest of Winchester) directly south to the North Carolina border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia and Maryland
- Counties: (95) Map
- County: (largest by population) Fairfax 973,4495
- Geographic Center: is located about 5 miles N.W. of Curdsville in Buckingham County
- Highest Point: Mount Rogers, at 5,729 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 963 ft.
- Relative Location
Virginia Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World