- Land Area:
(land) 571,951 sq miles
(water) 86.051 sq miles
(TOTAL) 658,002 sq miles (largest U.S. State)
- Land Area: (all states)
6,640 miles - 33,904 miles
- Horizontal Width: 770 miles from the western tip of the Seward Peninsula, east to the Canadian border
- Vertical Length: 964 miles from Barrow, south to the Alaska Peninsula, just to the west of Kodiak Island
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary
some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (0)
- Boroughs/Census Areas: (16/11) Map
- Borough: (largest by population) Anchorage, 260,283
- Geographic Center: Approximately 60 miles to the northwest of Mt. McKinley
- Highest Point: Mt. McKinley 20,320 ft.
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: (including islands) 1,927 ft.
- Relative Location