- Name: Iran
(long form) Islamic Republic of Iran
- Capital City: Tehran (9,110,347 pop.)
- Iran Population: 79,853,900 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Iranian Rial (IRR)
- Ethnicity: Persian 51%, Azeri 24%, Gilaki and Mazandarani 8%, Kurd 7%, Arab 3%, Lur 2%, Baloch 2%, Turkmen 2%, other 1%
- GDP total: $997.4 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $13,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Persian and Persian dialects 58%, Turkic and Turkic dialects 26%, Kurdish 9%, Luri 2%, Balochi 1%, Arabic 1%, Turkish 1%, other 2%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Tehran, Mashhad, Esfahan, Tabriz, Shiraz, Ahvaz, Qom, Kermanshah
- Name: A derivative of the Proto-Iranian term Aryana, which translates to, "Land of the Aryans."
- National Day: April 1
- Religion: Muslim 98% (Shia 89%, Sunni 9%), other (includes Zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian, and Baha'i) 2%
|Land Area||1,531,595 km2|
|Water Area||116,600 km2|
|Total Area||1,648,195km2 (#17)|
|Government Type||Theocratic Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,460.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$18,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World