- Coastline: 0 km landlocked (0 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 489,073 sq miles (1,266,700 sq km)
(water) 116 sq miles (300 sq km)
(TOTAL) 489,189 sq miles (1,267,000 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 8 regions in Niger and 1 capital district*. They are Agadez, Diffa, Dosso, Maradi, Niamey*, Tahoua, Tillaberi, and Zinder.
- Horizontal Width: 707.12 miles (1,137.99 km) from Niamey east to Diffa
- Vertical Length: 556.75 miles (896 km) from Madama south to Diffa
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (7) Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Libya, Mali, Nigeria
- Geographic Center: About 238.59 miles (383.97 km) east of Agadaz
- Highest Point: Mont Idoukal-n-Taghes 6,633 ft (2,022 m)
- Lowest Point: Niger River 656 ft (200 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||1,266,700 km2|
|Water Area||300 km2|
|Total Area||1,267,000km2 (#21)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$20.15 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World