|Land Area||2,381,741 km2|
|Total Area||2,381,741km2 (#10)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$609.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,000|
View all cities in Algeria
- Coastline: 1,008 miles (1,622 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 919,590 sq miles (2,381,741 sq km)
(water) 0 sq miles (0 sq km)
(TOTAL) 919,590 sq miles (2,381,741 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 48 provinces including: Adrar, Ain Defla, Ain Temouchent, Alger, Annaba, Batna, Bechar, Bejaia, Biskra, Blida, Bordj Bou Arreridj, Bouira, Boumerdes, Chlef, Constantine, Djelfa, El Bayadh, El Oued, El Tarf, Ghardaia, Guelma, Illizi, Jijel, Khenchela, Laghouat, Mascara, Medea, Mila, Mostaganem, M'Sila, Naama, Oran, Ouargla, Oum el Bouaghi, Relizane, Saida, Setif, Sidi Bel Abbes, Skikda, Souk Ahras, Tamanghasset, Tebessa, Tiaret, Tindouf, Tipaza, Tissemsilt, Tizi Ouzou and Tlemcen
- Horizontal Width: 403.75 miles (649.77 km) from Tiemcen east to Biskra
- Vertical Length: 970.85 miles (1,562.43 km) from Skikda south to Tamanrasset
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (7) Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Tunisia, Western Sahara
- Geographic Center: About 221.46 miles (356.40 km) northeast of In Salah
- Highest Point: Mt. Tahat 9,850 ft. (3,003 m)
- Lowest Point: Lake Chott Melrhir -131 ft. (-40 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Algeria?
Algeria is predominantly made of Berbers, who are the indigenous people of Algeria, and a few minority groups such as Turkish people, French, Italians, and Spaniards.
Ethnic Groups In Algeria
Which Languages Are Spoken in Algeria?
Modern Standard Arabic and Tamazight are the two official languages of Algeria.
What Languages Are Spoken In Algeria?
What is the Biggest City in Algeria?
Algiers is the largest city in Algeria. It has a population of around 5 million people.
The Biggest Cities In Algeria
What Are The Native Plants Of Algeria?
Algeria is a sovereign nation located in North Africa. The landscapes of Algeria including deserts, mountains, valleys, basins, and plateaus support over 1000 species of flora. 178 of these species are endemic to the country. The Algerian Fir, Algerian Peony, and Saharan Cypress, Slender Flower Thistle, Lamarck's Bedstraw, Brome Fescue, etc., are some of Algeria’s native plant species.
Native Plants Of Algeria
What Kind of Government Does Algeria Have?
Algeria is a constitutional presidential republic whereby the President is the head of state while the Prime Minister is the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Algeria Have?
Which Continent is Algeria In?
Algeria is Africa’s largest country with a total area of 919,595 mi2. It is found in the northern region of the African continent.