Texas Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 261,797 sq miles
(water) 6,687 sq miles
(TOTAL) 268,484 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 776 miles
- Vertical Length: 809 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana
- Counties: (254) Map
- County: (largest by population) Harris, 3,894,556
- Geographic Center: approximately 15 miles to the northeast of Brady, in McCulloch County
- Highest Point: Guadalupe Peak, 8,749 ft.
- Lowest Point: a small lake along the Rio Grande, near the Gulf of Mexico (-2 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1,687 ft.
- Relative Location
Palo Duro Canyon, Texas
Texas Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.