Texas Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 261,797 sq miles
(water) 6,687 sq miles
(TOTAL) 268,484 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 776 miles
- Vertical Length: 809 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana
- Counties: (254) Map
- County: (largest by population) Harris, 3,894,556
- Geographic Center: approximately 15 miles to the northeast of Brady, in McCulloch County
- Highest Point: Guadalupe Peak, 8,749 ft.
- Lowest Point: a small lake along the Rio Grande, near the Gulf of Mexico (-2 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1,687 ft.
- Relative Location
Palo Duro Canyon, Texas
Texas Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries