- Capital City: Carson City (pop.) 54,939 (2010 est.)
- Nevada Population: 2,758,931 (2012 est.) (35th)
- Nevada Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Nevada Quarter The first commemorative quarter-dollar coin released in 2006 honors Nevada, and is the 36th coin in the U.S. Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program.
Nevada's quarter depicts a trio of wild mustangs, the sun rising behind snow-capped mountains, bordered by sagebrush and a banner that reads "The Silver State." The coin also bears the inscriptions "Nevada" and "1864." Additional details
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Las Vegas, Reno, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Sparks
- Las Vegas Facts
- Name: The Spanish referred to the snow-covered mountains on the western border as the Sierra Nevada, and the name stuck.
- Reno Facts
- Statehood: October 31, 1864 (36th state)
Nevada Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Carson City||Carson City||775|
|North Las Vegas||Clark||702|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World