- Land Area:
(land) 46,907 sq miles
(water) 1,520 sq miles
(TOTAL) 48,427 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 191 miles from the far southwestern Louisiana border, straight east to the Alabama border
- Vertical Length: 333 miles from the Gulf Coast, north to the Tennessee border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will
vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee and Alabama
- Counties: (82) Map
- County: (largest by population) Hinds, 250,900
- Geographic Center: about 9 miles to the WNW of Carthage in Leake County
- Highest Point: Woodall Mountain 806 ft.
- Lowest Point: Gulf of Mexico, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 311 ft.
- Relative Location