Michigan Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 56,804 sq miles
(water) 40,001 sq miles
(TOTAL) 100,805 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 171 miles from Ludington, straight east to Bad Axe
- Vertical Length: 333 miles from Sault Ste. Marie, directly south to the Ohio border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin
- Counties: (83) Map
- County: (largest by population) Wayne 2,061,162
- Geographic Center: is located approximately 6 miles NE of Cadillac in Wexford County
- Highest Point: Mt. Arvon at 1,979 ft.
- Lowest Point: 572 ft. on Lake Erie shoreline
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 912 ft.
- Relative Location
Michigan Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.