Michigan Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 56,804 sq miles
(water) 40,001 sq miles
(TOTAL) 100,805 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 171 miles from Ludington, straight east to Bad Axe
- Vertical Length: 333 miles from Sault Ste. Marie, directly south to the Ohio border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin
- Counties: (83) Map
- County: (largest by population) Wayne 2,061,162
- Geographic Center: is located approximately 6 miles NE of Cadillac in Wexford County
- Highest Point: Mt. Arvon at 1,979 ft.
- Lowest Point: 572 ft. on Lake Erie shoreline
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 912 ft.
- Relative Location
Michigan Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World