- Animal: Whitetail Deer
- Bird: Robin
- Flag of Michigan
- Fish: Brook Trout
- Flower: Apple Blossom
- Gem: Isle Royal Greenstone
- Insect: Green Darner Dragon Fly
- Motto: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice" (If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you).
- Nicknames: (most used) Wolverine State; Great Lakes State
- Song: "My Michigan"
- State Seal
- Stone: Petoskey Stone
- Tree: White Pine
- Wildflower: Dwarf Lake Iris
White Pine Tree
Michigan Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Biggest Stadiums in The World By Capacity