|Land Area||16,377,742 km2|
|Water Area||720,500 km2|
|Total Area||17,098,242km2 (#1)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Federation|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,750.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$26,100|
View all cities in Russia
- Coastline: 23,396 miles (37,653 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 6,323,446 sq miles (16,377,742 sq km)
(water) 278,185 sq miles (720,500 sq km)
(TOTAL) 6,601,631 sq miles (17,098,242 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 8 oblasts, 21 republics, 9 autonomous okrugs, 2 federal, 9 autonomous okrugs, 2 federal cities and 1 autonomous oblast in Russia.
- Horizontal Width: 737.54 miles (1186.96 km) from Moscow southeast to Perm
2,415.69 miles (3,887.67 km) from Perm northeast to Yakutsk
- Vertical Length: 1,213.73 miles (1,953.3 km) from Saint Petersburg south to Astrakkhan
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (14) Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mongolia, Norway, Poland (Kaliningrad Oblast), Ukraine
- Geographic Center: About 363.27 miles (584.62 km) southeast of Noril'sk
- Highest Point: Mt. Elbrus 18,481 ft. (5,633 m)
- Lowest Point: Caspian Sea -92 ft. (-28 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Russia republics, administrative territories, administrative regions, autonomous districts, 0, autonomous cities & their capitals
What are the Largest Ethnic Groups in Russia?
The majority ethnic group in Russia is ethnic Russia, with Tatars and Ukrainians being the largest minorities.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Russia
Where is the Volga River?
The Volga River flows for 2,266 miles across large spans of the Russian Federation.
The Volga River
Countries of Asia
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.