|Land Area||364,485 km2|
|Water Area||13,430 km2|
|Total Area||377,915km2 (#61)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$4,930.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$38,900|
View all cities in Japan
- Coastline: 18,486 miles (29,751 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 140,728 sq miles (364,485 sq km)
(water) 5,185 sq miles (13,430 sq km)
(TOTAL) 145,913 sq miles (377,915 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 47 prefectures; including: Aichi, Akita, Aomori, Chiba, Ehime, Fukui, Fukuoka, Fukushima, Gifu, Gumma, Hiroshima, Hokkaido, Hyogo, Ibaraki, Ishikawa, Iwate, Kagawa, Kagoshima, Kanagawa, Kochi, Kumamoto, Kyoto, Mie, Miyagi, Miyazaki, Nagano, Nagasaki, Nara, Niigata, Oita, Okayama, Okinawa, Osaka, Saga, Saitama, Shiga, Shimane, Shizuoka, Tochigi, Tokushima, Tokyo, Tottori, Toyama, Wakayama, Yamagata, Yamaguchi and Yamanashi
- Horizontal Width: 127.27 miles (204.83 km) from Nagano east to Mito
- Vertical Length: 350.77 miles (564.51 km) from Aomori south to Yokohama
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (0)
- Geographic Center: About 34.19 miles (55.02 km) east of Nagano
- Highest Point: Mt. Fuji 12,388 ft. (3,776 m)
- Lowest Point: Lake Hachirogata -13 ft. (-4 m) below sea level
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the Biggest City in Japan?
Tokyo is the largest city in Japan.
10 Biggest Cities In Japan
What Kind of Animals Live in Japan?
Some of the animals that are native to Japan include the red-crowned crane, the steller's sea lion, the Japanese pond turtle, the green pheasant, and the sika deer.
Animals Native to Japan
What Does the Flag of Japan Mean?
The Japanese flag represents the sun, which has important religious and mythological significance in the country.The crimson red color of the symbolic sun is said to represent a prosperous future for Japan. The white background color symbolizes the purity, honesty, and integrity of the people of Japan.
What Do the Colors and Symbols of the National Flag of Japan Mean?
What Kind of Government Does Japan Have?
Japan's government is a constitutional monarchy where the Emperor's power is limited to mainly ceremonial duties. The government has three branches, the executive, legislature, and the judiciary.
What Type Of Government Does Japan Have?
What Languages Are Spoken in Japan?
Japanese is the official language used in the country and is also the primary language in the country with over 125 million speakers. Besides the Japanese language, the other widely used language in Japan is the Ryukyuan language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Japan?
What type of economy does Japan have?
Japan is the second most advanced economy in the world, the third largest by nominal GDP, and the 4th by PPP. The country is one of the world’s most innovative economies having the largest electronic goods industry and patent filings. Japan is also the world’s biggest creditor with the leading public debt ratio.