- Coastline: 1,516 miles (2,440 km; note - Iran also borders the Caspian Sea 740 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 591,349 sq miles (1,531,595 sq km)
(water) 45,019 sq miles (116,600 sq km)
(TOTAL) 636,368 sq miles (1,648,195 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 30 provinces in Iran. They are Ardabil, Azarbayjan-e Gharbi, Azarbayjan-e Sharqi, Bushehr, Chahar Mahall va Bakhtiari, Esfahan, Fars, Gilan, Golestan, Hamadan, Hormozgan, Ilam, Kerman, Kermanshah, Khorasan-e Janubi, Khorasan-e Razavi, Khorasan-e Shemali, Khuzestan, Kohgiluyeh va Buyer Ahmad, Kordestan, Lorestan, Markazi, Mazandaran, Qazvin, Qom, Semnan, Sistan va Baluchestan, Tehran, Yazd and Zanjan.
- Horizontal Width: 612.77 miles (986.16 km) from Bushehr east to Zahedan
- Vertical Length: 484.9 miles (780.37 km) from Bushehr north to Tehran
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (7) Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan
- Geographic Center: About 103.28 miles (166.21 km) northeast of Yazd
- Highest Point: Damavand 18,934 ft (5,771 m)
- Lowest Point: Caspian Sea -91 ft (-28 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||1,531,595 km2|
|Water Area||116,600 km2|
|Total Area||1,648,195km2 (#17)|
|Government Type||Theocratic Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,460.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$18,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World