- Name: Niger
(long form) Republic of Niger
- Capital City: Niamey (1,302,910 pop.)
- Niger Population: 16,899,327 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: West African CFA franc
5000 West African Francs
- Ethnicity: Haoussa 55.4%, Djerma Sonrai 21%, Tuareg 9.3%, Peuhl 8.5%, Kanouri Manga 4.7%, other 1.2%
- GDP total: $13.34 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Hausa, Djerma
- Largest Cities: (by population) Niamey, Zinder, Maradi, Alaghsas, Tahoua
- Name: From a native term Ni Gir meaning flowing water, the country is named after the Niger River.
- National Day: December 18
- Religion: Muslim 80%, other (includes indigenous beliefs and Christian) 20%
|Land Area||1,266,700 km2|
|Water Area||300 km2|
|Total Area||1,267,000km2 (#21)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$20.15 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World