- Name: Ethiopia
- Capital City: Addis Ababa (3,384,569 pop.)
- Ethiopia Population: 93,877,025 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Birr (ETB)
- Ethnicity: Oromo 34.5%, Amara 26.9%, Somalie 6.2%, Tigraway 6.1%, Sidama 4%, Guragie 2.5%, Welaita 2.3%, Hadiya 1.7%, Affar 1.7%, Gamo 1.5%, Gedeo 1.3%, other 11.3%
- GDP total: $103.1 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Amarigna (Amharic) (official) 32.7%, Oromigna (official regional) 31.6%, Tigrigna (official regional) 6.1%, Somaligna 6%, Guaragigna 3.5%, Sidamigna 3.5%, Hadiyigna 1.7%, other 14.8%, English (official) (major foreign language taught in schools), Arabic (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, Mek'ele, Nazret
- Name: From the latin Aethiopia, meaning, "Land of the Blacks."
- National Day: May 28
- Religion: Orthodox 43.5%, Muslim 33.9%, Protestant 18.6%, traditional 2.6%, Catholic 0.7%, other 0.7%
|Land Area||1,000,000 km2|
|Water Area||104,300 km2|
|Total Area||1,104,300km2 (#26)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$175.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World