|Land Area||1,246,700 km2|
|Total Area||1,246,700km2 (#22)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$189.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,800|
View all cities in Angola
- Coastline: 994 miles (1,600 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 481,351 sq miles (1,246,700 sq km)
(water) 0 sq miles (0 sq km)
(TOTAL) 481,351 sq miles (1,246,700 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 8 provinces, including: Bengo, Benguela, Bie, Cabinda, Cuando Cubango, Cuanza Norte, Cuanza Sul, Cunene, Huambo, Huila, Luanda, Lunda Norte, Lunda Sul, Malanje, Moxico, Namibe, Uige and Zaire
- Horizontal Width: 528.54 miles (850.61 km) from Luanda east to Saurimo
- Vertical Length: 898.78 miles (1446.45 km) from M'banza south to Ondjiva
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Democratic Republic of the Congo, Congo, Namibia, Zambia
- Geographic Center: About 168.42 miles (271.04 km) west of Luena
- Highest Point: Morro de Moco 8,592 ft (2,620 m)
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Where is Angola?
Angola is a country located in Southern Africa. The country was a former Portuguese colony but gained self-rule in 1975. After years of civil war, Angola is slowly emerging as a major economic powerhouse in Africa, and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Fun Facts about Angola
What Languages are Spoken in Angola?
Angola is a Southern African nation with a single official language and several national languages. Portuguese, introduced during the colonial era in the country, is spoken widely in the country. It is the official and most spoken language of Angola. Kikongo, Umbundu, and Kimbundu are the most popular indigenous languages of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Angola?
What Kind of Government Does Angola Have?
Angola is a presidential republic, whereby the President of Angola is both head of state and head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Angola Have?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Angola?
More than one-third of Angolans are Ovimbundu, while around one-fourth are Ambundu. The Bakongo people comprise the third largest Angolan ethnic group.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Angola
What is the Leading Cause of Death in Angola?
Diarrheal disease is the leading cause of death in Angola, responsible for a total of 12.5% of deaths.
Leading Causes Of Death In Angola
What Kind of Plants Live in Angola?
Some of the plants that live in Angola include the Angolan aframmi, the Newton's groundsel, and the Namib sprokies word succulent trees.