|Land Area||8,358,140 km2|
|Water Area||157,630 km2|
|Total Area||8,515,770km2 (#5)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,080.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,800|
View all cities in Brazil
- Coastline: 4,655 miles (7,491 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 3,265,075 sq miles (8,456,510 sq km)
(water) 21,411 sq miles (55,455 sq km)
(TOTAL) 3,286,486 sq miles (8,511,965 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 26 states and 1 federal district; the states include: Acre, Alagoas, Amapa, Amazonas, Bahia, Ceara, Espirito Santo, Goias, Maranhao, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Para, Paraiba, Parana, Pernambuco, Piaui, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul, Rondonia, Roraima, Santa Catarina, Sao Paulo, Sergipe and Tocantins. The federal district is: Distrito Federal
- Horizontal Width: 4190 km (2603 miles) straight west from Recife to the western border with Peru.
- Vertical Length: 3670 km (2280 miles) from Porto Alegre straight north to the border with French Guina and the Atlantic Ocean.
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (10) Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana
- Geographic Center: 850 km (528 miles) SE from Manaus near the borders of the Matto Grasso and Para regions at coordinates 10 00 S, 55 00 W.
- Highest Point: Pico da Neblina - 9,888 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean - 0 ft. (0 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the Most Dangerous State in Brazil?
With a homicide rate of 64.6 per 100,000 as of 2012, the state of Alagoas in Northeastern Brazil has the highest murder rate in the country.
The Most Dangerous States In Brazil
What Kind of Reptiles Live in Brazil?
Some of the reptiles that live in Brazil include the Loggerhead sea turtle, the Brazilian galliwasp, and the Lutz tree iguana.
The Amazing Reptiles Of Brazil
Where is the Purus River?
The Purus River runs 1,995 miles through the South American nations of Brazil and Peru.
Where is the Purus River?
Where are the Iguazu Falls?
Iguazu Falls is located in the Misiones Province in the Northeastern tip of Argentina, and borders the Brazilian state of Parana to the north. This semicircular waterfall is 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers) in diameter with a height of 87.5 yards (80 meters), and is made up of 275 individual falls.