- Land Area
(land) 41,217 sq miles
(water) 926 sq miles
(TOTAL) 42,143 sq miles
- Land Area (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 495 miles from the state's southwestern corner to its far northeastern corner
- Vertical Length: 114 miles from Tennessee's northern
border with Kentucky, directly south to the intersection of Alabama and
Georgia on its southern border
Note: Lengths and widths are
point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map
projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (8) Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi
- Counties: (95) Map
- County: (largest by population) Shelby 901,109
- Geographic Center: is located about 5 miles N.E. of Murfreesboro in Rutherford County
- Highest Point: Clingman's Dome, at 6,643 ft.
- Lowest Point: Mississippi River, 178 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 913 ft.
- Relative Location