- Land Area:
land) 44,817 sq miles
water) 1,239 sq miles
TOTAL) 46,056 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 284 miles from the Ohio border, direcly east to Philadelphia
- Vertical Length: 158 miles from the state's central New York border, directly south to the Maryland border
Note: Lengths and widths are
point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map
projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (6) New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia and Ohio
- Counties: (67) Map
- County: (largest by population) Philadelphia 1,528,655
- Geographic Center: is located 3 miles west of Pleasant Gap in Centre County
- Highest Point: Mt. Davis, at 3,213 ft.
- Lowest Point: Lake Erie, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1,128 ft.
- Relative Location