- Land Area:
(land) 68,976 sq miles
(water) 1,710 sq miles
(TOTAL) 70,686 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 375 miles
- Vertical Length: 215 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will
vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States:(3) Montana, Minnesota, South Dakota
- Counties: (53) Map
- County: (largest by population) Cass, 123,138
- Geographic Center: approximately 5 miles southwest of McClusky, in Sheridan County
- Highest Point: White Butte, 3,506 ft.
- Lowest Point: Along the Red River, 751 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1,898 ft.
- Relative Location