- Capital City: Atlanta (pop. metro) 5,376,285 (2008 est.)
- Georgia Population: 9,919,945 (2012 est.) (8th)
- Georgia Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Georgia Quarter The Georgia quarter is the fourth quarter released in the United States Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program.
Georgia was admitted into the Union on January 2, 1788 becoming our Nation's 4th State. Nicknamed the "Peach State," Georgia's quarter features an outline of the peach, the Live Oak tree and the state's nickname.
The coin's hanging banner bears the inscription "Wisdom, Justice, Moderation." Additional details
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Savannah, Athens, Macon
- Nam:e The name, Georgia, is in honor of King George II of England
- Statehood: January 2, 1788 (4th state)