District of Columbia Facts
- Washighton, DC Population: 632,323 (2012 est.)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Name: The City of Washington was named in honor of George Washington, America's first president. The District of Columbia was named after Christopher Columbus.
District of Columbia Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Washington||District of Columbia||202|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.