- Land Area:
(land) 50,744 sq miles
(water) 1,673 sq miles
(TOTAL) 52,417 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 198 miles
- Vertical Length: 321 miles
Note: Lengths and widths are
point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map
projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee
- Counties: (67) Map
- County: (largest by population) Jefferson, 657,229
- Geographic Center: about 12 miles SW of Clanton
- Highest Point: Cheaha Mountain in the Talladega National Forest, standing at 2,407 ft.
- Lowest Point: Gulf of Mexico, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 496 ft.
- Relative Location