- Name: Honduras
(long form) Republic of Honduras
- Capital City: Tegucigalpa (1,086,641 pop.)
(1,324,000 metro pop.)
- Honduras Population: 8,448,465 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Honduran Lempira (HNL)
One Honduran Lempira
- Ethnicity: Mestizo (mixed Amerindian and European) 90%, Amerindian 7%, black 2%, white 1%
- GDP total: $37.67 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $4,600 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), Amerindian dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Choloma, La Ceiba, El Progreso, Ciudad Choluteca
- Name: Honduras was named by Christopher Columbus. The name means "depths", in reference to the deep waters of the coast of Honduras.
- Independence Day: September 15
- Religion: Catholic 97%, Protestant 3%
|Land Area||111,890 km2|
|Water Area||200 km2|
|Total Area||112,090km2 (#101)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$43.19 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Biggest Stadiums in The World By Capacity