Geography Statistics of Canada
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Land: 5,645,142 sq miles (9,084,977 sq km)
- Water: 553,744 sq miles (891,163 sq km)
- Total: 6,198,886 sq miles (9,976,140 sq km)
- Land Area: (individual provinces and territories)
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Horizontal Width: 3,402 miles from Cape Spear, Newfoundland, northwest to the Yukon's northwestern border with Alaska.
- Vertical Length: 2,897 miles from the far-northern edge of Ellesmere Island, directly south to Middle Island in Lake Erie.
- Geographic Center: Just to the south of Yathkyed Lake in Nunavut, directly west of Hudson Bay
- Highest Point: Mt. Logan (Yukon) 19,551 ft.
- Lowest Point:
Atlantic Ocean (0 ft.) (0 m)
- Bordering Countries: (1) USA
- Canada - USA border: 3,145 miles (5,061 km)
- Canada - Alaska border: 1,538 miles (2,475 km)
- Mainland coastline: 36,350 miles (58,500 km)
- Island coastline: 115,133 miles (185,290 km)
- Total coastline: 151,483 miles (243,790 km)
Canada is divided into 10 provinces and 3 territories: