|Land Area||9,093,507 km2|
|Water Area||891,163 km2|
|Total Area||9,984,670km2 (#2)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament Of Canada) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,670.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$46,200|
View all cities in Canada
- Land: 5,645,142 sq miles (9,084,977 sq km)
- Water: 553,744 sq miles (891,163 sq km)
- Total: 6,198,886 sq miles (9,976,140 sq km)
- Land Area: (individual provinces and territories)
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Horizontal Width: 3,402 miles from Cape Spear, Newfoundland, northwest to the Yukon's northwestern border with Alaska.
- Vertical Length: 2,897 miles from the far-northern edge of Ellesmere Island, directly south to Middle Island in Lake Erie.
- Geographic Center: Just to the south of Yathkyed Lake in Nunavut, directly west of Hudson Bay
- Highest Point: Mt. Logan (Yukon) 19,551 ft.
- Lowest Point:
Atlantic Ocean (0 ft.) (0 m)
- Bordering Countries: (1) USA
- Canada - USA border: 3,145 miles (5,061 km)
- Canada - Alaska border: 1,538 miles (2,475 km)
- Mainland coastline: 36,350 miles (58,500 km)
- Island coastline: 115,133 miles (185,290 km)
- Total coastline: 151,483 miles (243,790 km)
Canada is divided into 10 provinces and 3 territories:
- Provinces and Territories (largest by population)
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
Canada provinces, territories & their capitals
|British Columbia||Victoria||British Columbia|
|New Brunswick||Fredericton||New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||St. John's||Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Yellowknife||Northwest Territories|
|Nova Scotia||Halifax||Nova Scotia|
|Prince Edward Island||Charlottetown||Prince Edward Island|
What is the Biggest City in Canada?
The most populated city in Canada is Toronto, with a total population of 5.4 million. Around 1/6 of the entire population of Canada lives in Toronto.
The Largest Cities in Canada
What are the Most Dangerous Animals in Canada?
Most animal attacks in Canada are due to moose, black widow spiders, prairie rattlesnakes,cougars, or polar bears.
10 Most Dangerous Animals in Canada
What are the Best Cities to Live in in BC?
Some of the best cities to live in in BC are said to be Fort St. John, Whistler, Squamish, Delta, and North Vancouver.
Best Cities To Live: British Columbia, Canada
Which States Border Canada?
There are 13 states that border Canada: Alaska, Michigan, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Washington, North Dakota, Ohio, Vermont, New Hampshire, Idaho, and Pennsylvania.
US States That Border Canada
What are the Largest and Smallest Canadian Provinces?
Nunavut is the largest territory in Canada, and Quebec is the largest province. Yukon is the smallest territory, and Prince Edward Island is the smallest province.
The Largest And Smallest Canadian Provinces/Territories By Area
What is the Most Common Cause of Death in Canada?
Stroke is the most common cause of death in Canada.