|Land Area||910,768 km2|
|Water Area||13,000 km2|
|Total Area||923,768km2 (#31)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,090.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,900|
View all cities in Nigeria
- Coastline: 530 miles (853 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 351,648 sq miles (910,768 sq km)
(water) 5,019 sq miles (13,000 sq km)
(TOTAL) 356,667 sq miles (923,768 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 36 states and 1 territory*; Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Federal Capital Territory*, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nassarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara
- Horizontal Width: 551.1 miles (886.91 km) from Shaki east to Kumo
- Vertical Length: 499.79 miles (804.34 km) from Sokoto south to Lagos
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Benin, Cameroon, Chad, and Niger
- Geographic Center: About 44.38 miles (71.42 km) west of Jos
- Highest Point: Chappal Waddi 7,936 ft (2,419 m)
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What are the Biggest Ethnic Groups in Nigeria?
The Hausa is the biggest ethnic group in Nigeria, making up 25.1% of the population.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Nigeria
What Language is Spoken in Nigeria?
Nigeria is a multilingual nation with over 520 languages being spoken in the country. English is the official language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Nigeria?
Who Was the First President of Nigeria?
Azikiwe was the first President of Nigeria after the country became a fully independent republic and Nigeria cut ties with Britain.
Presidents And Military Leaders Of Nigeria Since Independence
What is the Major Religion in Nigeria?
42.5% of the population of Nigeria is Sunni Islam, 32.3% of the population of Nigeria is Protestant Christianity, and 10.9% of the population practices Roman Catholicism.
Religious Beliefs In Nigeria
What is the Biggest City in Nigeria?
Lagos, with its 21 million metro area residents, is one of the earth's most populous urban areas and the largest city in Nigeria.
Biggest Cities In Nigeria
What Kind of Government Does Nigeria Have?
The federal government of Nigeria is composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive, and judicial.