|Land Area||882,050 km2|
|Water Area||30,000 km2|
|Total Area||912,050km2 (#32)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$469.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,100|
View all cities in Venezuela
- Coastline: 1,740 miles (2,800 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 340,561 sq miles (882,050 sq km)
(water) 11,583 sq miles (30,000 sq km)
(TOTAL) 352,144 sq miles (912,050 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 23 states, 1 federal district and 1 federal dependency. States include: Amazonas, Anzoategui, Apure, Aragua, Barinas, Bolivar, Carabobo, Cojedes, Delta Amacuro, Falcon, Guarico, Lara, Merida, Miranda, Monagas, Nueva Esparta, Portuguesa, Sucre, Tachira, Trujillo, Vargas, Yaracuy and Zulia; the federal district is Distrito Federal and the federal dependency is Dependencias Federales - a series of eleven small island groups.
- Horizontal Width: 1062 km (660 miles) from San Cristobal to Guayana City
- Vertical Length: 1010 km (627 miles) from Caracas to the southern border with Brazil
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Brazil, Colombia, Guyana
- Geographic Center: 237 km (147 miles) SSE of Caracas at approx. 8 00 N, 66 00 W
- Highest Point: Pico Bolivar - 16,427 ft.
- Lowest Point: Caribbean Sea - 0 ft. (0 m)
- World's Highest Tepui or Tabletop Mountain:
Mount Roraima - 9,301 feet (2,835 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Which Is The Largest Ethnic Group In Venezuela?
Venezuela has an ethnically diverse population because of its colorful history and the peoples that have resided in the country over the centuries. People of mixed European, Amerindian, and African descent constitute over half of the country’s population. They are collectively termed “Mestizos”. Those of European, Black African and Amerindian descent constitute the rest of the population.