Northern Territory Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 6,805 miles (10,953 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 520,902 sq miles (1,349,129 sq km)
(water) 27,737 sq miles (71,839 sq km)
(TOTAL) 548,640 sq miles (1,420,970 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 5 counties in Northern Territory. They are Disraeli, Malmesbury, Palmerston, Roseberry, and Gladstone.
- Horizontal Width: 194.59 miles (3,13.17 km) from Daly Waters east to Borroloola
- Vertical Length: 898.99 miles (1,446.79 km) from Jabiru south to Kulgera
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia
- Geographic Center: About 104.33 miles (167.90 km) south of Tennant Creek
- Highest Point: Mount Zeil 5,023 ft (1,531 m)
- Lowest Point: Timor Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
States & Territories of Australia
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.