Northern Territory Geography Statistics of
- Coastline: 6,805 miles (10,953 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 520,902 sq miles (1,349,129 sq km)
(water) 27,737 sq miles (71,839 sq km)
(TOTAL) 548,640 sq miles (1,420,970 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 5 counties in Northern Territory. They are Disraeli, Malmesbury, Palmerston, Roseberry, and Gladstone.
- Horizontal Width: 194.59 miles (3,13.17 km) from Daly Waters east to Borroloola
- Vertical Length: 898.99 miles (1,446.79 km) from Jabiru south to Kulgera
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia
- Geographic Center: About 104.33 miles (167.90 km) south of Tennant Creek
- Highest Point: Mount Zeil 5,023 ft (1,531 m)
- Lowest Point: Timor Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World