- Land Area:
(land) 24,078 sq miles
(water) 145 sq miles
(TOTAL) 24,223 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 193 miles from Parkersburg, directly east to Martinsburg
- Vertical Length: 221 miles from Weirton, directly south to Bluefield on the Virginia border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will
vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland
- Counties: (55) Map
- County: (largest by population) Kanawha 199,287
- Geographic Center: is located about 4 miles east of Sutton in Braxton County
- Highest Point: Spruce Knob, at 4,861 ft.
- Lowest Point: Potomac River, 240 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1,511 ft.
- Relative Location