New Jersey Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 7,417 sq miles
(water) 1,303 sq miles
(TOTAL) 8,720 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 40 miles from Trenton, directly east to the Atlantic Ocean
- Vertical Length: 165 miles from High Point, directly south to Cape May
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware
- Counties: (21) Map
- County: (largest by population) Bergen 893,926
- Geographic Center: is approximately 5 miles southeast of Trenton, in Mercer County
- Highest Point: High Point, at 1,803 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 253 ft.
- Relative Location
New Jersey Photographs
New Jersey Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Egg Harbor Township||Atlantic||609|
|Cape May||Cape May||609|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.