Montana Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 145,552 sq miles
(water) 1,490 sq miles
(TOTAL) 147,042 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 552 miles
- Vertical Length: 321 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming
- Counties: (56) Map
- County: (largest by population) Yellowstone, 129,352
- Geographic Center: approximately 12 miles to the west of Lewistown, in Fergus County
- Highest Point: Granite Peak, 12,799 ft.
- Lowest Point: is along the Kootenai River, south of the Canadian border (1,800 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 3,411 ft.
- Relative Location
Montana Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.