Montana Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 145,552 sq miles
(water) 1,490 sq miles
(TOTAL) 147,042 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 552 miles
- Vertical Length: 321 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming
- Counties: (56) Map
- County: (largest by population) Yellowstone, 129,352
- Geographic Center: approximately 12 miles to the west of Lewistown, in Fergus County
- Highest Point: Granite Peak, 12,799 ft.
- Lowest Point: is along the Kootenai River, south of the Canadian border (1,800 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 3,411 ft.
- Relative Location
Montana Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.