Montana Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 145,552 sq miles
(water) 1,490 sq miles
(TOTAL) 147,042 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 552 miles
- Vertical Length: 321 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming
- Counties: (56) Map
- County: (largest by population) Yellowstone, 129,352
- Geographic Center: approximately 12 miles to the west of Lewistown, in Fergus County
- Highest Point: Granite Peak, 12,799 ft.
- Lowest Point: is along the Kootenai River, south of the Canadian border (1,800 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 3,411 ft.
- Relative Location
Montana Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World