- Capital City: Saint Paul (pop.) 277,251 (2008 est.)
- Minnesota Population: 5,379,139
(2012 est.) (21st)
- Minnesota Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Minnesota Quarter:The second quarter released in 2005 honors Minnesota and is the 32nd in the United States Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program.
Minnesota was admitted into the Union on May 11, 1858,
becoming our Nation's 32nd State. Nicknamed the "Land of 10,000 Lakes,"
Minnesota's quarter features a tree-lined lake with two people fishing, a
loon on the water and a textured outline of the state surrounding its
The coin bears the inscriptions "Minnesota," and "1858". Additional details
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Duluth, Rochester, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park
- Name: The origin of the name Minnesota is based on a Dakota Indian word meaning "sky-tinted water."
- Statehood: May 11, 1858 (32nd state)