Maine Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 30,862 sq miles
(water) 4,523 sq miles
(TOTAL) 35,385 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 199 miles from the New Hampshire border, direcly east to Eastport.
- Vertical Length: 291 miles from Van Buren, southwest to Kennebunkport.
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (1) New Hampshire
- Counties: (16) Map
- County: (largest by population) Cumberland 267,933
- Geographic Center: about 27 miles to the SW of Millinocket in Piscataquis County
- Highest Point: Mt. Katahdin, at 5,267 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 596 ft.
- Relative Location
Mount Katahdin, Maine
Maine Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.