- Land Area:
(land) 30,862 sq miles
(water) 4,523 sq miles
(TOTAL) 35,385 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 199 miles from the New Hampshire border, direcly east to Eastport.
- Vertical Length: 291 miles from Van Buren, southwest to Kennebunkport.
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (1) New Hampshire
- Counties: (16) Map
- County: (largest by population) Cumberland 267,933
- Geographic Center: about 27 miles to the SW of Millinocket in Piscataquis County
- Highest Point: Mt. Katahdin, at 5,267 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 596 ft.
- Relative Location