|Land Area||1,811,569 km2|
|Water Area||93,000 km2|
|Total Area||1,904,569km2 (#14)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,030.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,700|
View all cities in Indonesia
In The News
- Name: Indonesia
(long form) Republic of Indonesia
- Capital City: Jakarta (10,187,595 pop.)
- Indonesia Population: 251,160,124 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
- Ethnicity: Javanese 40.6%, Sundanese 15%, Madurese 3.3%, Minangkabau 2.7%, Betawi 2.4%, Bugis 2.4%, Banten 2%, Banjar 1.7%, other or unspecified 29.9%
- GDP total: $1.212 trillion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $5,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bahasa Indonesia (official, modified form of Malay), English, Dutch, local dialects (the most widely spoken of which is Javanese)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Jakarta, Surabaya, Medan, Bandung, Bekasi, Palembang, Tangerang, Makassar, Semarang, Depok
- Name: Indonesia's name comes from the Latin and Greek Indus and nesos, meaning "island."
- National Day: August 17
- Religion: Muslim 86.1%, Protestant 5.7%, Roman Catholic 3%, Hindu 1.8%, other or unspecified 3.4%
Where is Puncak Jaya?
The Puncak Jaya (with its Carstensz Pyramid peak) attains an elevation of 16,024 feet in the Oceanic nation of Indonesia.
Where is the Puncak Jaya?
Countries of Asia
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.