- Name: Indonesia
(long form) Republic of Indonesia
- Capital City: Jakarta (10,187,595 pop.)
- Indonesia Population: 251,160,124 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
- Ethnicity: Javanese 40.6%, Sundanese 15%, Madurese 3.3%, Minangkabau 2.7%, Betawi 2.4%, Bugis 2.4%, Banten 2%, Banjar 1.7%, other or unspecified 29.9%
- GDP total: $1.212 trillion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $5,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bahasa Indonesia (official, modified form of Malay), English, Dutch, local dialects (the most widely spoken of which is Javanese)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Jakarta, Surabaya, Medan, Bandung, Bekasi, Palembang, Tangerang, Makassar, Semarang, Depok
- Name: Indonesia's name comes from the Latin and Greek Indus and nesos, meaning "island."
- National Day: August 17
- Religion: Muslim 86.1%, Protestant 5.7%, Roman Catholic 3%, Hindu 1.8%, other or unspecified 3.4%
|Land Area||1,811,569 km2|
|Water Area||93,000 km2|
|Total Area||1,904,569km2 (#14)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3,030.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,700|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?