- Name: Guyana
(long form) Co-operative Republic of Guyana
- Capital City: Georgetown (239,227 pop.)
- Guyana Population: 739,903 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Guyana Dollar (GYD)
One Hundred Guyananese Dollars
- Ethnicity: East Indian 43.5%, Black (African) 30.2%, mixed 16.7%, Amerindian 9.1%, other 0.5%
- GDP total: $2.788 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $8,000 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, Amerindian dialects, Creole, Caribbean Hindustani (a dialect of Hindi), Urdu
- Largest Cities: (by population) Georgetown, Linden, New Amsterdam, Anna Regina, Bartica, Skeldon, Rosignol, Mahaica Village
- Name: The word Guyana comes from a Taino word meaning "land of fast-flowing water".
- National Day: February 23
- Religion: Hindu 28.4%, Pentecostal 16.9%, Roman Catholic 8.1%, Anglican 6.9%, Seventh Day Adventist 5%, Methodist 1.7%, Jehovah Witness 1.1%, other Christian 17.7%, Muslim 7.2%, other 4.3%, none 4.3%
|Land Area||196,849 km2|
|Water Area||18,120 km2|
|Total Area||214,969km2 (#83)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$6.05 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$7,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World