Maryland Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 7,141 sq miles
(water) 2,633 sq miles
(TOTAL) 9,774 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 196 miles (east to west) along the Pennsylvania border
- Vertical Length: 119 miles from Grisfield, directly north to the Pennsylvania border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware
- Counties: (24) Map
- County: (largest by population) Montgomery 876,622
- Geographic Center: is located about 4 miles N.E. of Bowie in Prince George's County
- Highest Point: Backbone Mt., at 3,360 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 348 ft.
- Relative Location
Maryland Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Lexington Park||Saint Marys||301|
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.