- Land Area:
(land) 7,141 sq miles
(water) 2,633 sq miles
(TOTAL) 9,774 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 196 miles (east to west) along the Pennsylvania border
- Vertical Length: 119 miles from Grisfield, directly north to the Pennsylvania border
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware
- Counties: (24) Map
- County: (largest by population) Montgomery 876,622
- Geographic Center: is located about 4 miles N.E. of Bowie in Prince George's County
- Highest Point: Backbone Mt., at 3,360 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 348 ft.
- Relative Location